Sun Jae Jung, MD, MS, PhD
- 2016. PhD of Biomedical Science, Seoul National University College of Medicine
- 2013. MS of Medicine (Cancer research) , Seoul National University College of Medicine
- 2009. MD, Yonsei University of College of Medicine
- 2018- pres. Assistant Professor. Yonsei University College of Medicine
- 2018- pres. Visiting Scientist. Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- 2016-2018. Yerby Post-doctoral Fellowship, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- 2011-2016 Resident, Research fellow, and Instructor in Preventive Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine
Sun Jae Jung, MD, PhD, is an assistant professor at the department of Preventive Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, and a visiting scientist at the Department of Epidemiology, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.
Sun Jae completed her MD from Yonsei University College of Medicine, Korea and received her professional qualification in Preventive Medicine from Seoul National University College of Medicine. Sun Jae holds a PhD in Epidemiology from Seoul National University, Korea.
Her major research interest is the epidemiology of mental diseases such
as PTSD, depression and sleep disorders. In her PhD thesis, Sun Jae examined
the association of lifetime body mass index and depression in later life. She
has published studies on evaluating potential risk factors for depression
including lifetime estrogen exposure, smoking and body weight. Sun Jae’s
current research focuses on the bi-directional association between CVD/endocrinal/reproductive factors and her work includes examining PTSD in Nurses’ Health Study II/ Growing Up Today Study and affective disorders/ cognitive decline in Large Korean data. Additionally, Sun Jae focuses on the interaction between biological and social factors in suicide attempts.